[asterisk-users] Executing system commands through Manager API

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Aug 19 16:56:59 CDT 2010

	I am making a web interface so users can manage their voicemail.  The
only problem I have is that since the Web server and Asterisk run as
different users I need to run some commands through Asterisk so I can
manipulate the voicemail files.

	I know that from the CLI I can user the "!" commando to run any
external shell command but when I try to do it from the Manager API
using "Command" I cannot get it to work.  Since the web server cannot
erase or modify files I need to go through Asterisk to execute rm or mv.

	Is there an easier way to do this (without changing the user for
Apache)?  Is it possible to use the ! command from the Manager?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001