[asterisk-users] WaitExten() always times out

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Aug 18 15:11:18 CDT 2010

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kathryn Jones
Subject: [asterisk-users] WaitExten() always times out

>Hi,

>My WaitExten() is not working as I expect it to. This is the relevant part
of my context. It is meant to receive incoming calls.

>[incoming]
>exten => xxx,1,Background(hello-world)
>exten => xxx,2,WaitExten(7)

>exten => _X,1,AGI(myAGI.php)

>When I send the call from a .call, it works perfect, but when receiving an
incoming call WaitExten() times out no matter what.
<snip>
>I experimented changing autofallthrough to no and got the same result. Any
ideas about this strange behavior?

My best guess is that your problem is that _X isn't happy for whatever
reason.  Generally I use Waitexten for single digit processing like this

Exten => 1234,1,goto(waitdtmf,s,1)

[waitdtmf]

Exten => s,1,background(hello-world)

Exten => s,n,waitexten(7)