[asterisk-users] Realtime Context

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 05:44:21 CDT 2010

Hi

I'll give you an example process flow

Our customer logs onto our VoIP Portal and orders a SIP Geographic number
Geo number is successfully ordered which inserts an entry into our
extensions table in MySQL DB in the default context which has a goto
command to a newly created specific context for handling the incoming on
that number.
The customer goes to the dial plan managing section of the portal and
sets the number to ring an extension of his followed by going to
voicemail. In the back end 2 new inserts are made into the extensions
table for the newly created context.
Also, an insert is made into a table to say that the extensions table
has been updated.

A cron runs and sees that the extensions table has been updated.
this gets a distinct list of contexts from the extensions table and
writes each one to a new extensions.con putting in the realtime switch
for each context.
The cron then executes a dialplan reload

If you can see a more elegant way of doing the above so that no
intervention is required by anyone other that the customer, please let
me know as I'm always willing to learn better ways of doing things.

Also, please bear in mind that we offer a hosted service for customers
so we have lots of different companies all working off the same server(s)

Ish

On 18/08/10 10:37, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> So why you need a reload when you are using the real-time
> architecture? Are you adding contexts in extensions.conf? If yes then
> where are you using the real-time?
>
> I asked because to me it seems you didn't understand what Dan is
> asking, and also seems you don't know how real-time works in regards
> to add contexts without reloading asterisk.
>
>> On 2010-08-18 4:25 AM, "Ishfaq Malik" <ish at pack-net.co.uk
>> <mailto:ish at pack-net.co.uk>> wrote:
>>
>> Unless I've got some massive misunderstanding, yes we do
>>
>> as described here
>>
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+RealTime
>>
>> Why do you ask?
>>

>> On 17/08/10 17:27, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
>> >
>> > Ishfaq, do you use the asterisk real-time architectu...
>>
>> --
>> Ishfaq Malik
>> Software Developer
>> PackNet Ltd