[asterisk-users] sending sms from Asterisk server

Johann Hoehn johann.hoehn at ecommerce.com
Tue Aug 17 16:43:23 CDT 2010

On 08/17/2010 09:00 AM, Tino wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to send sms to some external phone numbers from my
> asterisk server. Is it possible to send sms via softphones like X-Lite
> ? . Any tips regarding this will be helpful
>
> thanks

This is easy to do by using email to SMS gateways.  A list of them is on
wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways).  For the
Asterisk side, you have an extension that sends the email.  I personally
use an AGI script for this part, but you could use a System() call as well.

--johann