[asterisk-users] colored CLI with reattach

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Tue Aug 17 12:56:08 CDT 2010

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

>> Eric Smith wrote:
>> Using Asterisk 1.4.26.2
>> I can get a nice colored CLI if I run asterisk -c
>>
>> But I cannot achieve this when I reattach to an existing instance
>> (as i want to do) with asterisk -r.
>>
>> Is there a way to reattach and have color?
>
> Yes, but you'll need to upgrade to the latest 1.4 release. This also
> only works if you do not explicitly disable colors (-n) in the main
> daemon.

Eric,

You could also run the main Asterisk daemon within a screen <http://www.manpagez.com/man/1/screen/> session.  It will require some changes to how Asterisk is started at boot, but they should be simpler and less prone to introducing any side effects than upgrading to the latest release.

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer