[asterisk-users] realtime sip peers : musiconhold class

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Tue Aug 17 02:07:59 CDT 2010

Can anyone help because I don't understand why Asterisk can not read the
input file, there is not much info given...

2 files :

[root at asterisk testing]# file testExtended.wav
testExtended.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM,
16 bit, stereo 44100 Hz
[root at asterisk testing]# file testLong.wav
testLong.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, 20294 channels
1414676809 Hz

to mono :

[root at asterisk testing]# sox testExtended.wav -r 8000 -c1
testExtended2.wav resample -ql
sox sox: effect `resample' is deprecated; see sox(1) for an alternative
[root at asterisk testing]# sox testLong.wav -r 8000 -c1 testLong2.wav
resample -ql
sox sox: effect `resample' is deprecated; see sox(1) for an alternative
sox effects: resample clipped 2 samples; decrease volume?

afterwards :

[root at asterisk testing]# file testLong2.wav
testLong2.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16
bit, mono 8000 Hz
[root at asterisk testing]# file testExtended2.wav
testExtended2.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM,
16 bit, mono 8000 Hz

But Asterisk can not open them :

[root at asterisk testing]# asterisk -rx "file convert testExtended2.wav
testExtended2.alaw"
Unable to open input file: testExtended2.wav
[root at asterisk testing]# asterisk -rx "file convert testLong2.wav
testLong2.alaw"
Unable to open input file: testLong2.wav

Any thoughts ?!

Jonas.