[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 beta3 - Unable to stop/start/restart deamon

unserossi at aol.com unserossi at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 08:08:46 CDT 2010

 Hi all,

 using Asterisk 1.8 beta3 installed from scratch I am not able to
top/start/restart Asterisk deamon with

 /etc/init.d/asterisk stop|start|restart

 It just happens nothing, no warnings, errors etc.
Next step: start tracing.
  sh  -x /etc/init.d/asterisk start
--
h -x /etc/init.d/asterisk start
leads to

 NAME=asterisk

 DESC=Asterisk PBX

 DAEMON=/usr/sbin/asterisk

 ASTVARRUNDIR=/var/run/asterisk

 ASTETCDIR=/etc/asterisk

 TRUE=/bin/true

 set -e

 [ -x /usr/sbin/asterisk ]

 [ -d /etc/asterisk ]

 . /lib/lsb/init-functions

 FANCYTTY=

 [ -e /etc/lsb-base-logging.sh ]

 . /etc/lsb-base-logging.sh

 readlink /etc/init.d/asterisk

 CONFIG0=

--
o ideas? Sorry but I'm new to Linux and I am wondering why I can't stop or start the deamon
the way it works with 1.6.1.20. I installed Asterisk 1.8 with all defaults set. Maybe something