[asterisk-users] Re: How to determine which party hangup the call? cause of Hang-up needed.‏

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Aug 10 13:41:02 CDT 2010

Hi!

> Is there ANYWAY to find out which party hang-up the call or if the call
> was cut-off due to other reasons?

The only way - apart from putting DAHDI or SIP into debug mode - I can
think of is to use the 'g' option of Dial(): If the remote side hangs up
then 'g' will come into effect; if the local side hangs up this will not
happen.

But don't ask me what happens if Asterisk in between the two (as B2BUA
man-in-the-middle) decides to to hang up... is it in this case acting "on
behalf" of one of the two call legs?

In general: It would be a great help if Asterisk provided an easy way to
get at this information, i.e. who was it that hung up a call.

Philipp