[asterisk-users] Correct Caller-ID

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Mon Aug 9 15:21:35 CDT 2010

On Monday 09 August 2010 14:03:36 Matt wrote:
> I've seen caller-id come through from carriers as:
> NPA-NXX-xxxx, 1-NPA-NXX-xxxx, and +1-NPA-NXX-xxxx
>
> My question is: what is the correct way to send Caller-ID by set standards?

Given that you can only send CallerID on a digital circuit, it's going to
depend upon the signalling.  If the prilocaldialplan is set to 'unknown' or
'dynamic', then you send the '1'.  If the prilocaldialplan is set
to 'domestic', then you leave the '1' off (because it's implied).

In terms of SIP or another VoIP protocol, you use whatever your provider
specifies.

--
Tilghman Lesher