[asterisk-users] check channels

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Aug 9 14:36:49 CDT 2010

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Felipe Figueiredo wrote:

> is there a way to see how many channels of an specific tecnology are
> being used?

See? From where? Within the dialplan or from an external process?

> Like, i have a zap card, e1 (30 channels), and there are 10 channels
> being used at this moment. When the E1 reaches 15 busy channels I need
> to receive a call or something like this, telling me that 15 of 30
> channels are busy. How can I do this?

Within the dial plan you can use the GROUP() and GROUP_COUNT() functions.
You could set the group to the technology and check the count as each call
enters your dial plan. (Asterisk will automagically decrement the count as
the calls are terminated.) If the count exceeds your threshold, you could
use system() to create a call file to call you and play an appropriate
message.