[asterisk-users] Reinstalling Asterisk due to hardware changes

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Aug 6 13:22:44 CDT 2010

[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of
Jeremy.Hellstrom at synovate.com
>Subject: [asterisk-users] Reinstalling Asterisk due to hardware changes

>My purely SIP experiment has failed so I am purchasing a Digium E1/T1 card
to put into my Asterisk box.

>I know from the wonderful O'Reilly book that the proper installation is
Zaptel --> libpri --> Asterisk.  Is it possible to simply reinstall in that
order once I have installed the card and have Asterisk successfully work or
is it best to uninstall all three packages and install from scratch?

In my experience, all you should need to do is install Zaptel/Dahdi and
libpri, then do a new make && make install on your existing installation.