[asterisk-users] [Asterisk-Users] How do I install speex for

Nasir Iqbal nasir at ictinnovations.com
Fri Aug 6 09:46:34 CDT 2010

Hi,

Currently CentOS yum repository does not provide speex-tools so you have to
install it manaully. follow the steps given below.

1. first remove existing speex pacages yum remove speex*

2. run following to install required rpms
rpm -ivh
http://www.lfarkas.org/linux/packages/centos/5/i386/gstreamer/speex-1.2-0.10.rc1.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh
http://www.lfarkas.org/linux/packages/centos/5/i386/gstreamer/speex-devel-1.2-0.10.rc1.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh
http://www.lfarkas.org/linux/packages/centos/5/i386/gstreamer/speex-tools-1.2-0.10.rc1.i386.rpm

3. reconfigure asterisk

4. verify speex codec via "make menuselect" under "Codec Translators". if
speex is enabled and selected continue with make

Enjoy!

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Deepika Nijhawan <
deepika.nijhawan at oxygen8.com> wrote:

>  Hi Chandrakant
>

> I have checked and it shows func_speex module is enabled.
>
> Where can I install speex-tools from ?
>
> Asterisk version 1.6.2.10 and Centos 5.5 are installed.
>

> ---
>

> Kind Regards,
>

> *Deepika Nijhawan*
>
> *VoIP Engineer*