[asterisk-users] [Asterisk-Users] How do I install speex for asterisk?

Chandrakant Solanki solanki.chandrakant at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 07:26:34 CDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Deepika Nijhawan <
deepika.nijhawan at oxygen8.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I have followed steps which were mentioned on forum and given below. Still
> couldn’t get speex working. On test calls getting error “chan_sip.c:
> sip_call: No audio format found to offer.”
>

> # yum install speex
>
> # yum install speex-devel
>
> # cd /usr/src/asterisk
>
> # make clean
>
> # make
>
> # service asterisk stop
>
> # make install
>
> # service asterisk start
>

> Also, it is not showing speex translation on “core show translation recalc
> 10”.
>

> Can anybody please tell if missing some step in this.
>

> ---
>

> Kind Regards,
>

> *Deepika Nijhawan*
>
> *VoIP Engineer*
>
> * *

Hi

Go For asterisk top directory.

And follow below steps to check whether speex function module is enable or
not.

./configure
make menuselect
  => Go for "Dialplan Function"
  => Then func_speex.

if func_speex shows [XXX] this symbol that means func_speex module is not
enable. And if you select func_speex then it shows dependency below of
module list.

--
Regards,

Chandrakant Solanki