[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 without DAHDI

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Thu Aug 5 15:52:55 CDT 2010

I have a Linux-Vserver guest running CentOS 5.5 with Asterisk 1.6
installed from the asterisk.org and digium.com repositories.

I have Asterisk starting (service asterisk start) but see errors about
dahdi in /var/log/asterisk/messages.

... ERROR[25658] codec_dahdi.c: Failed to open /dev/dahdi/transcode: No
such file or directory

Linux-Vservers don't allow, under normal circumstances, guests to fiddle
with /dev.  I could create all the entries in /dev/dahdi but as far as I
can determine I have no need of dahdi -- Asterisk 1.6.2, SIP only
connections, and currently no conference call needs.

Is there a way to stop Asterisk (safe_asterisk) from even trying to load
dahdi?

\\||/
Rod