[asterisk-users] Codec Conversion

Jeff Brower jbrower at signalogic.com
Thu Aug 5 15:50:23 CDT 2010

Michel-

> I tried to convert ilbc to ulaw and get the same
> result...Bad Voice Quality

I think you have to be more specific when you say "bad voice quality".  Like what?  Worse than a cellphone call?  Gaps
of audio missing?  Robotic or "cyborg" sound?  Static?  A background tone or buzzing?

iLBC isn't any worse voice quality than other LBR codecs (GSM-AMR, EVRC, etc).  If you want land-line quality and what
you're hearing is cellphone quality, then you're asking too much.  Otherwise, suggest to be specific and detailed in
describing your problem.

-Jeff