[asterisk-users] mapping of disconnect reasons

Harel Cohen harel at easycall.gi
Wed Aug 4 06:51:44 CDT 2010

Tilghman, thank you for your reply.
The mapping in RFC 3398 is logically correct therefore I do not need to submit a suggestion to its editor.
The mapping in Asterisk 1.4.24 is the problem:
402 "Payment Required" is mapped to 16 "Normal termination" instead of 21 "Call Rejected".
Could you direct me to the relevant file of code where these mappings are done? Before reporting a bug I would like to confirm whether this issue has been addressed on newer releases.
Thanks,
Harel
------------------------------

On Tuesday 03 August 2010 06:21:23 Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
> > Is there a way to change the mappings of disconnect reasons to certain
> > SIP messages? E.G. I need to change the mapping for SIP 402 "Payment
> > Required" from 16 (normal termination) like it is in 1.4.24 to 21
> > (call rejected) as defined in RFC 3398.
>
> * if you think the mapping is wrong, then you should open a ticket on the
> Asterisk bug tracker

Actually, much of the mapping is specified by RFC 3398 section 8.2.6.1.  Thus,
if you think the mapping is wrong, you should submit a suggestion for
amendment to the RFC editor.  Only for response codes specified differently
than in this section should you open an issue in the tracker.

--
Tilghman Lesher