[asterisk-users] Dial() M parameter in 1.6.2.11-rc2

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 16:32:39 CDT 2010

Please note that I don't claim myself a guru, just happened to be working
with Asterisk for some good number of years, so probably know some stuff
better than others.

As for the number of lines, 1800 lines will come down to 1000 lines using
AEL but not the opposite.

When I'll be back home, hopefully tomorrow, after a beautiful tour (my
first) of New York city, I'll start writing some blogs on AEL. I guess an
IVR example could be a good point to start, as it is enough complicated in
itself.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com

On 2010-08-03 4:49 PM, "Danny Nicholas" <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:

  *>From:* asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:
asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] *On Behalf Of *unserossi at aol.com
>*Subject:* Re: [asterisk-users] Dial() M parameter in 1.6.2.11-rc2

>AEL is very simple and the instructions on voip-info.org are enough to
learn it. In fact I can...

I’ve only been with Asterisk since 1.4.18; the “programmer” in me still
finds it simpler to do a 1000 line extensions.conf vs an 1800 line readable
AEL but the examples on www.ilovetovoip.com are going to bring me around
more quickly than the voip-info.org stuff. You write some pretty good stuff,
Z.