[asterisk-users] ConfBridge

iscario at free.fr iscario at free.fr
Tue Aug 3 12:20:45 CDT 2010

Hi,
I have a question about the use of Confbridge.
In my dialplan, I allow a caller to reserve a conference room by choosing a room
number and a password. Thus, any other caller who would like to join the same
room can do it only if he knows the password. It works fine, but I need to free
the reservation at a time, otherwise nobody else can reserve the same room for
another use. I store the variables in the Asterisk database (one to tell if the
room is busy, one to save the password).
Till now, I launched in background a script (thanks to the AGI) which erases the
database variables used for the reservation after a defined time. Not ideal,
because I don’t even know if there is some people in the room after the defined
time
. So I would like to know if there is a better way to do this.
Is it possible to know (eg via the AMI) if somebody is in a Confbridge room
(knowing the room number of course) ?
Or is it possible to tell directly to Confbridge to close the conference room
after a while ? (but I would still have to erase my variables)

Thanks!