[asterisk-users] Fax/Modem, Asterisk, Channel Banks

Joel Maslak jmaslak at antelope.net
Tue Aug 3 09:48:09 CDT 2010

I've been replacing an old Toshiba DK switch with an Asterisk solution.  I'm
needing a solution for fax machines that works as well as a POTS line from
my carrier.  If the POTS line is the solution, I'll keep it, but I'd rather
move away from that.

Here's what I'm thinking...will it work?

I would use a dual-port Digium T1 card.  In one port, I'd terminate a telco
PRI T1.  In the other port, I'd terminate a Rhino channel bank, connected to
each of my fax machines (and a stamp machine with an internal modem).

What I'm wanting is to be able to send/receive faxes via the telco PRI and
the analog fax machines.  I also want the stamp machine to work.  I don't
want this to work 98% as well as the Telco - they truly need to work 100% as
well.

So...will this work?