[asterisk-users] how to place a call on hold and play music on holdusing agi

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Aug 2 07:48:33 CDT 2010

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Janu Mukherjee
Subject: [asterisk-users] how to place a call on hold and play music on
holdusing agi

I want to originate a call using asterisk agi. I could this. I now want to
place this call on hold and play music on hold and after some time i want to
retrieve the call. Can i do this using AGI?Please help me in this regard.

This is not truly putting the call on hold but will work the same way;  set
up this context;

 [dummy-hold]

Exten => s,1,Waitexten(60,m)

Then make your call go to dummy-hold and you will be on-hold with music for
1 minute and then you can go back to the dialplan or put a return on the
context and make it a Gosub.