[asterisk-users] T.38 fax between ATA's and Asterisk and Cisco PGW 2200

P Z zldnthspj at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 05:33:26 CDT 2010

Of course i use Wireshark and i see T.38 traffic but it isn't clear to me why the fax fails every time. I would like to know if there are T.38 tools/plugins that analyze a .pcap file more thorough.

In my setup the analogue fax device and the ATA are near each other at the customer site. The ATA connects (via T.38) to the Asterisk server which is in a datacentre with the Cisco PGW. The PGW is connected to the public telephone network.

Has anyone experience with sending T.38 fax messages between Asterisk and a Cisco PGW?