[asterisk-users] GXW4024

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Fri Apr 30 09:28:39 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Peter <peterpub2 at aboutsupport.com> wrote:
> I consider buying  three GrandStream GXW4024 and connect 72 analogue
> phones to asterisk

I recommend against that product.  I have two that now sit on a shelf
due to bad call quality, echo issues, and random one way audio...

> Do you have any feedback how well it works with Asterisk ? I am on a
> budget, do you have other recommendation for similar setup that get into
> same budget - connect around 70 analogue phones to asterisk.

They are easy to setup and connect to Asterisk.  That is about the
only thing that they do well.  I purchased two of these to try and fit
within my budget, and ended up replacing them after about a month.
The call quality was sub-par, and I had all kinds of echo issues.
Firmware updates didn't seem to make anything better.  I ended up
replacing them with AudioCodes MP-124 which have been rock solid.  Of
course they cost about twice as much, but you get what you pay for.
In the long run I went way over budget, but learned a good lesson!

-Jonathan