[asterisk-users] Calls Dropping

Tarek Sawah tareksawah at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 07:15:37 CDT 2010

i'm having the same problem with one of my call centers located in Egypt.. although the ip-phones are located on a Dedicated Leased Line yet calls drop out of the blue.almost an identical setup as yours..provider located in France (data center) my server located in Sweden (data center) both on public network no NAT.. and the remote office is behind NAT.somehow i suspect Internet problems with your case.. as RTP packets should not stop arriving unless internet connection is timing out. i suppose your calls that are dropping are INBOUND coming from your provider and directed to your remote location.. and you don't have any problems with OUTBOUND calls from your remote location to your server ( I have setup a loop test that goes between 5 locations originating from my remote location and returns to the remote location through 5 hops including IPKALL servers and call goes well with no problem). and let me take a wild guess.. your provider is offering a premium number services.my advise check your internet connection on the remote location and keep a ping from that network to your server running all the time to check for time outs.

-- Tarek Sawah

Integrated Digital Systems

CCNA, MCSE, RHCE, VoIP  USA: +1 347 562 2308