[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.30 is slow sending STDIN to AGI script

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Apr 28 11:53:26 CDT 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010, Gareth Blades wrote:

> Only that if I put a 3 second pause in the script at the end then I get
> no errors. If I put in a 1 second pause I get errors about half way
> through asterisk sending the input.

The fact that you have to introduce a pause means that you are doing
something wrong. It may just mean that Asterisk has finished writing the
cruft to the created process's STDIN instead of being interrupted in the
middle, but whatever you are doing is still wrong.

There is an outside chance that you have discovered a bug in Asterisk, but
considering nobody else has experienced this behavior implies the bug is
in your code.

Why are you so resistant to this? What evidence do you have that your code
is correct?

--
Thanks in advance,