[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.30 is slow sending STDIN to AGI script

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Wed Apr 28 03:50:34 CDT 2010

I have upgraded Asterisk from 1.4.22 to 1.4.30 and I have noticed I am
getting a lot of errors like this on the console :-
ERROR[23912]: utils.c:968 ast_carefulwrite: write() returned error:
Broken pipe

I have tracked it down to a perl AGI script which performs our own CDR
recording. It is called before the start of the call, once answered and
again when the call is hungup.
It works fine when called before dialing and the AGI debugging shows
asterisk sending the STDIN to the script very fast. When called after
answering and at the end of the call asterisk is much slower sending the
STDIN and I can see the debug scrolling up the screen and this is what
is causing the error as the AGI script finished and exits before all the
STDIN is sent. Even if I add a pause at the end of the script for 1
second it only gets half way through sending the STDIN.

Why is asterisk so slow in sending the call info via STDIn in these cases?
Is there any way this can be fixed?

Thanks