[asterisk-users] E3 Card on Asterisk ?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Apr 27 10:12:21 CDT 2010

On 04/27/2010 10:41 PM, Anita Hall wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please check out this product
>
> http://www.sangoma.com/products/hardware_products/data_networking/a301.html
>
> Does it work on Asterisk or Freeswitch ?
> Do Telcos provide an E3 connection ?
>
> One of our customers had an inquiry for terminating 6000 calls
> simultaneously. I want to do some homework before taking it further
> with him. If I use E1 lines, I will need 6000 / 30 = 200 E1 lines,
> which does not look feasible ?
>
> Thanks for any input you may provide.
That card only operates as an E3 or T3 data card. It is not channelised
to work as a PSTN voice card. So, no, it doesn't work with Asterisk or
Freeswitch - unless you are looking for IP connecion for VoIP.

Sangoma used to talk about producing a channelised revision of the card,
but it looks like the potential sales have never looked promising enough
to make it happen.

Digium used to have an E3/T3 card on their web site, but I assume they
canned it. You don't hear anything about it now.

Steve