[asterisk-users] Problems for Skype for Asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Apr 27 09:04:30 CDT 2010

Richard Kenner wrote:
> Is there an issue with running it with the latest from the 1.6.2 branch?
> I did an svn update and make install and now when somebody comes in via
> Skype, I get an infinite loop of:
>
> [Apr 27 09:53:29] WARNING[10471]: channel.c:2701 __ast_read: read() failed: Invalid argument
> [Apr 27 09:53:29] WARNING[10471]: channel.c:2701 __ast_read: read() failed: Invalid argument
> [Apr 27 09:53:29] WARNING[10471]: channel.c:2701 __ast_read: read() failed: Invalid argument
> [Apr 27 09:53:29] WARNING[10471]: channel.c:2701 __ast_read: read() failed: Invalid argument
>
> and there's no voice path in either direction.
>
> If there's an issue, what's the latest svn revision number I can use?

Digium's commercial add-on modules for Asterisk are only tested with
numbered releases of Asterisk; when API changes occur in a branch, we
try to ensure that an updated version of the add-on module is made
available very close to the time that change makes its way into a
numbered release. While I can't say that is the cause of the issue you
are seeing, if the problem does not occur using the latest release from
the 1.6.2 branch, you'll probably have to wait until the next release is
made for an updated Skype For Asterisk release to go along with it. If
it does occur using the latest release, then you should contact Digium
Support to report the issue so it can be expedited to the Skype For
Asterisk maintainers.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com