[asterisk-users] Building Asterisk-RPM for 1.4.24.1

Thorolf Godawa nospam at godawa.de
Mon Apr 26 16:40:57 CDT 2010

Hi everybody,

quite frequently I build customized RPMs with asterisk-1.4.20.1
including some special patches for it, to install the on CentOS 5.

Now I was looking to upgrade to asterisk-1.4.24.1, but the RPM-build is
not working anymore with my build environement.

In version 1.4.22 the "Makefile" was modified and all the RPM-stuff was
removed, same for the "asterisc.spec"-file in the redhat-directory.

Why the developers removed this and what is the correct way to reenable
this for newer versions (including 1.4.24.1 and 1.4.30)?

Thanks a lot,
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf