[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Archlinux

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 16:16:54 CDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 21:19, Christian <christian08 at runbox.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Is anyone here using Asterisk on Archlinux?

Yes and no, I do use it on Archlinux for testing purpose but not as a
server.
Arch linux is not built to be a server distro, unlike Debian that have extra
steps for process handling, like restarting a service that was just updated
and more.

> If so, was it much to do in order for it to work?

You need to either use the AUR builds or download the ABS information and
build it for yourself. Personally I use the yaourt tool as a pacman front
end.

> Do you also use Dahdi?

Like any other Asterisk it must have a dahdi module, at least dahdi_dummy.

> many thanks,
> Christian
>

> --

Ido