[asterisk-users] RTP over TCP

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 14:27:52 CDT 2010

Adobe has not been successful in VoIP. I have worked for two companies who
were trying to make flash phones, and it always came down to the issue of
RTP over TCP. This is the primary reason there are no successfully working
flash phones out there though some companies are trying to offer service
over them. I once set it up myself using redphone and red5. But a java based
RTP over UDP is what I ended up with, which simply works. I would suggest
you to look into a java based solution. RTP is simply not meant for TCP,
those who are doing it, they must not be using TCP as TCP.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.

On 2010-04-24 3:07 PM, "Hans Witvliet" <hwit at a-domani.nl> wrote:

On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 10:56 -0500, Michael Graves wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:11:06 +0200, adamk...
No, that was just sip over tcp (instead of udp)
I friend of mine had an * talking to M$, so that was one of the reasons
for early deployment of an 1.6.x asterisk...