[asterisk-users] Hangup after n seconds using originate ?

mancyborg at gmail.com mancyborg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 15:31:57 CDT 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:58:34 -0400
Ryan Bullock <rrb3942 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried setting 'Variable: TIMEOUT(absolute)*=*60' or something like
> that when creating the originate command?
>
> I don't know if it works, but it is worth a shot.

Hi Ryan, thanks for your comment.

Unfortunately the 'Variable' parameter is used to push data between the originating script and the dialplan, not commands.
Example:
Variable: var1=23|var2=24|var3=25

Additionally, this data can be used in the dialplan only when the call gets answered or when it fails.
I can't find a way to inject the parameter DURING (or before) the call.

Thank you very much for supporting,
Mike