[asterisk-users] Security tests

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Apr 22 12:33:01 CDT 2010

Hi!

> But it draws attention to me between the PC with softphone and the
> telephone I see traffic ARP or ICMP that could make to try between the
> equipment but does not see RTP. Is there some special consideration that
> it must to observe?

Your English is seriously twisted, making your question impossible to
understand. My feeling is that you have used a machine translation
service.

Your question is probably:
"I can see ARP and ICMP, but not RTP, what am I missing?"

How did you place your virtual "listening" machine into the network, is
it connected to an old hub, or a switch, or the mirroring port of a
switch, or does it use the same NIC (and computer) as the softphone? You
will first need to get "in between" the two endpoints in order to be able
to capture that point-to-point RTP traffic - there are "normal" and
"malicious" ways to achieve that.

Philipp