[asterisk-users] Portech MV-374 does not register behind NAT

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Apr 22 10:53:56 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 17:45 +0200, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> All goes well when the gateway is connected directly to the
> internet... It's when it is behind NAT the 401 is sent from
> Asterisk...

Is the device registering to an IP address, or do a DNS name?  What type
of NAT firewall are you using?

This reminds me of a problem I had years ago with a Cisco PIX firewall,
where it would rewrite IP addresses in the SIP Request URI, causing the
authentication to fail.  One solution was to have it register to a
fully-qualified domain name instead of an IP address, so that the
Request URI wouldn't get overwritten.

It's certainly worth a shot...

--
Jared Smith