[asterisk-users] Time difference in CSV CDR's and MySQL CDR's

Alejandro Recarey alexrecarey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 17:29:05 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I am having a curious problem. I use two cdr backends, csv and MySQL.
These are my settings:

Call Detail Record (CDR) settings
----------------------------------
  Logging:                    Enabled
  Mode:                       Batch
  Log unanswered calls:       Yes

* Batch Mode Settings
  -------------------
  Safe shutdown:              Enabled
  Threading model:            Scheduler plus separate threads
  Current batch size:         0 records
  Maximum batch size:         25 records
  Maximum batch time:         10 seconds
  Next batch processing time: 7 seconds

* Registered Backends
  -------------------
    csv
    mysql
    cdr-custom

I am finding that the calldate field varies between 3 seconds and 3
minutes between the MySQL database and the CSV files! Is this expected
behaviour? I thought they should both use the same timestamp. Is is
very difficult to match CDR's this way, and I am finding it hard to
trust the results, as I wanted to make sure that my database was
behaving correctly and not "losing" any CDR's along the way.

Which one of the two CDR's is correct?

Should this be posted as a bug?

Regards,

Alex