[asterisk-users] Odd Issue With Polycom Phones

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Wed Apr 21 16:08:41 CDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Jay Vocaire <jvocaire at innproc.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip, I did just that, and now I am more confused.
>
> It does appear as though there is just one call ID (if my assumption that
> the "tag=" determines the call.
>
> The first time it sends like this:
>
> <snip>

> Asterisk responds with a SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized, the phone then comes
> back with this:
>
> <snip>

> The difference is that the CSeq is now 2 and the following line is added:
>
> Authorization: Digest username="3271", realm="asterisk", nonce="393a1b1f",
> uri="sip:3261 at y.y.y.y;user=phone",
> response="c8223e261c252c12172982ee661ad307", algorithm=MD5
>

> So maybe I do have an issue in Asterisk, okay probably.  Any clues as to
> how to debug?  Let me know if need to post more information.

This is expected behavior for SIP communications.  I see this all the time
when an end point is registering with Asterisk.  I think in those cases,
however, it's a REGISTER request, not an INVITE.  How is your sip.conf
configured for these end points?

Do you have any phones other than the ones experiencing this problem that
you can test with?

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby