[asterisk-users] Manipulating audio in asterisk

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Tue Apr 20 20:55:10 CDT 2010

Slawek Sloma wrote:
> Is there an option in asterisk to manipulate the audio in a call?
> I would like to, for example change the voice of one caller but
> without manipulating the audio that comes from another caller.
> I have read about something called JACK but i don't know if i can use it
> for this (or how to use it).
> I am playing with audiohooks now, but I don't think I can change only my
> voice - whole audio in a call
> gets manipulated.

Ya, JACK would probably be something you could use. Asterisk has some JACK
support now. Look at app_jack.c (I've not used JACK before).

Alternatively, in trunk is the dialplan function func_pitchshift.c which can
manipulate the pitch on a channel. It depends how you're trying to manipulate
the audio I guess.

Leif.