[asterisk-users] How to record a call in a single file when transfered...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue Apr 20 16:09:34 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 15:04 -0400, Leif Madsen wrote:
> Carlos Chavez wrote:
> > 	I have a customer that needs to record all calls coming in and out.
> > The problem I am having is when a call comes in to the operator and it
> > is transferred to another extension.  The first mixmonitor begins
> > recording when the operator picks up but the recording stops when the
> > call is transferred.  I need to have a single recording  for the
> > complete call no matter how many times it is transferred.  Any tips?
>
> See AUDIOHOOK_INHERIT() dialplan function.

	Thank you for that.  I am having trouble trying to implement this.
Since my macro-stdexten begins with:

exten => s,1,Mixmonitor(${UNIQUEID}.wav,b)

	I need some logic to prevent a name change of the file.  How can I know
if the call is already being recorded because it is a transfer or if I
need to start recording for a new call?  It seems that I cannot read the
value of ${AUDIOHOOK_INHERIT(MixMonitor)} to determine if it has already
been set so what other variable can I test?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001