[asterisk-users] SIP one-way audio

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 13:22:40 CDT 2010

Hi,

This problem has been tackled over and over, I know.

I'm trying to understand why I'm having trouble with my "simple setup".

My setup is like this:

<SIP_PROVIDER>---<DSL1>---<LINUX_GATEWAY>---<ASTERISK_VIA_DSL1>

I've unloaded the nf_*_sip kernel modules from the LINUX_GATEWAY just in case they could interfere.

The DSL1 modem/router is a THOMSON SPEEDTOUCH and I've disabled "SIP ALG".

If I place a SIP call then I immediately get a one-way audio issue.

However, if I define "externip" and "localnet" in my sip.conf and "sip reload" then at first, calls are OK (two-way) for about 10-15 minutes. After that, all calls are one-way again...

If I remove the "externip" and "localnet" settings in my sip.conf  and "sip reload", then re-enable SIP ALG in the DSL1 modem, then calls are two-way for about 10-15 minutes. After that, all calls are one-way again...

Is it somehow "timing out"?

By the way, no firewall incoming natting rules are defined in the Linux gateway. I'm using the internet SIP provider for outgoing calls only.

Any ideas?