[asterisk-users] 1.6.2 No "soft hangup"?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Apr 20 11:49:47 CDT 2010

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 April 2010 11:05:07 Steve Johnson wrote:
>> I wanted to force a hangup of a SIP to SIP call from the Asterisk CLI>
>> prompt, and found references on using the command "soft hangup
>> <SIP/channel>", but as you can see below, the "soft hangup" command
>> does not seem to exist, and there is no mention about it in the
>> UPGRADE*.txt documents.
>>
>> Can anyone shed light on what would replace "soft hangup" in 1.6.2.x ??
>> (This asterisk server is strictly SIP/IAX2, no DAHDI hardware)
>
> "channel request hangup <name>"

How obvious.

Kind of makes me wish I still used 1.2 -- oh wait, I do.

Seriously though, IMNSHO, with every release the CLI gets more obtuse.

I'd like to see a more natural and intuitive interface following a "verb
noun" model like Oracle, MySQL, or even GDB.

       hangup [sip|iax|dahdi] channel <channel-name>

seems so "obvious."

--
Thanks in advance,