[asterisk-users] B400P and A1200P changes card order

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Apr 20 09:50:14 CDT 2010

On 04/19/2010 03:48 AM, Peter Gelencser wrote:
> I've run into a veird problem. I'm using a B400P BRI and an A1200P card
> with dahdi (2.2.1) driver. The dahdi_scan shows the each moduls and
> spans, everything seems fine. With dahdi_genconf I made the config, set
> up the channels in chan_dahdi.conf, but after reboot, the two card
> changes the order, (originaly the B400P is the first (closer to the
> processor) and A1200P is the second), when I check with dahdi_scan, it
> shows the channels are not in the original order. I set the Card ID
> Switch to 0 on B400P but it does not solve the problem. I tried these
> cards with another motherboard, the situation is the same so it's not
> chipset specific.
>
> Please let me know if there is any solution. Thank you for your help in
> advance.

Peter,

I'm not familiar with the A1200P, but I suspect the A1200P not blacklisted in /etc/modprobe.d.  Therefore when you reboot, it's driver is loaded by udev before the rest of the DAHDI drivers are loaded.

Try adding the driver for the A1200P to /etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.blacklist to make sure that the drivers are loaded by any configuration scripts in /etc/init.d in a consistent order.

Cheers,
--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer