[asterisk-users] meetme / upgrade to 1.6.2.6

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Mon Apr 19 12:07:58 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 11:19 -0500, Alyed wrote:
> If that's the case what I usually do is just stop asterisk, delete the
> contents of /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/ (back it up first!) and compile
> the new version (don't run make samples if you want to preserve your
> old .conf files).
>
> When using extra modules (like G729 codec)  be sure to follow their
> instructions for asterisk upgrade.

	When upgrading from a different revision of Asterisk I would not
recommend keeping your old config files in place. It is better to
remove/rename (and backup) /etc/asterisk and /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
and do a new make; make install; make samples.  After that compare your
config files with the new samples and insert your modifications.  This
is because the keywords/format in the configuration files changes from
version to version and keeping your old config files may cause Asterisk
to behave strangely if it is missing an important parameter.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001