[asterisk-users] Changing storm-prevention behaviour in logger.conf

Remco Bressers rbressers at signet.nl
Mon Apr 19 02:32:49 CDT 2010

>>> If you use a newer version of rsyslogd to do your logging, there is a
>>> global configuration directive:
>>>
>>> 	$RepeatedMsgReduction off
>>>
>>> that will do what you are asking.  The issue #14905 patch you mention is
>>> not in 1.6.2.x.
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Well, this sounds fair, but this happened after an upgrade to 1.4.29 from 1.4.23. Nothing else changed in my setup after that.
>>
>> My logger.conf :
>>
>> [general]
>> dateformat=%F %T
>>
>> [logfiles]
>> console => notice,warning,error
>> messages => notice,warning,error
>>
>> This tells me i'm not using the syslog feature at all and /var/log/asterisk/messages is generated by Asterisk and not by syslogd
>
> Second, I just downloaded 1.4.29.  The patch that does the "message
> repeated" stuff is just not there, as Tilghman said.  Is it possible that
> someone applied that patch to your source?  Have you tried downloading
> the 1.4.29 tarball again and recompiling?  If you installed asterisk as
> a package from somebody's repo, I can't really say, but it seems highly
> unlikely that the patch would be present.
>
> I hope this helps a little bit.

Alright, i figured it out.

I use the FreeBSD port of Asterisk and there's a file named
"patch-suppress_log_dups.diff" in the files directory which patches
logger.c.

I guess i should convince the port maintainer that this is a nice patch,
but not how Asterisk is supposed to work. It only raises eyebrows if
they add extra features.

Thanks a million!

Remco