[asterisk-users] Extensions Reload | Asterisk Freezes ? 1.4

Positively Optimistic positivelyoptimistic at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 21:38:33 CDT 2010

Good day..

We have what I consider to be a large dialplan (-= 1501 extensions (2559
priorities) in 99 contexts. =-)

If we have more than 10 or so channels up (all SIP, no TDM) and issue the
"extensions reload" command..  quite often, asterisk will completely freeze
up...  requiring us to either kill and restart the process or restart the
box...

I should probably also share that when watching the log files, at the time
the "extensions reload" command executes...  there are no exceptions and/or
issues reported while parsing the dialplan...

Has anyone in the community experienced this..  and/or have any suggestions
?