[asterisk-users] Slightly OT: OMA DM Solution

Jeff Brower jbrower at signalogic.com
Sun Apr 18 15:05:22 CDT 2010

Jay-

> anyone knows an open OMA DM tool that would be able to configure Nokia
> phones (mainly the sip-stuff of the e-series) for use with asterisk?
> Anything open i could find was the device manager from funambol, which was
> last updated in 2006 :-(

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but I can tell that we use pjsip-based applications to allow E-series
cellphones to talk to Asterisk.  Here is a data flow diagram example:

  ftp://ftp.signalogic.com/documentation/Boards/SigC64xx/Mobile_VoIP_Server_Acceleration_CallFlow_Diagram.pdf

The SIP proxy isn't needed if you're not doing high capacity channels, load-balancing, encryption, transcoding, etc.

Is there some specific OMA thing -- like say PoC -- that you're thinking is "hard to find"?  Otherwise pjsip seems to
handle basic mobile VoIP very well.

-Jeff