[asterisk-users] The best way to stop an ongoing call

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 18 12:59:10 CDT 2010

Hello,

I'm evaluating how I should implement the following feature (with asterisk
1.6.1) :
- party A calls party B
- A and B are talking to each other
- supervisor C detects the call is on-going for too long (as, for example,
others are waiting to use the phone)
- C dials a special command that would play a short music to A and/or B and
then cut the call 30 seconds later.

At the moment, I would use :
- System, cron and soft hangup to stop ongoing call
- ChanSpy to barge into ongoing call plus a dynamic feature to playback a
pre-recorded message when supervisor dials a DTMF sequence.

I also wondered if if should instead move each party to a conference room
with a timer.

Suggestions ?

Regards