[asterisk-users] Amazon EC2 SIP floods - you can help

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 10:13:03 CDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> It seems that at least Slashdot is responsive:
>
> http://it.slashdot.org/story/10/04/17/2059256/SIP-Attacks-From-Amazon-EC2-Going-Unaddressed

Yes, there's a lot of talk here, some of it sympathetic, some less so,
but at least there's discussion. I expect a response from Amazon at
some point, but not until the visibility level becomes painful. One
other person in the Slashdot posts threatens to stop buying things
from Amazon. More of those will likely surface.

I a related question, if the IP addresses were spoofed, how could a
response be directed back? Don't the register attempts, because they
need a response necessarily carry the correct source IP?

/r