[asterisk-users] Amazon EC2 SIP floods - you can help

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 05:10:32 CDT 2010

Hi,

We all know most people are reporting that Amazon hasn't been helpful
at all. A few people say they've received answers, but most are
getting smoke screen PR BS.

You can vote this up on Slashdot, send the message: SIP Attacks From
Amazon EC2 Going Unaddressed: http://bit.ly/bOkNNx

Send this message out to Amazon, I am positive that once it reaches
the right person, they will do the right thing. The more places you
send links to, the more likely it is that someone will wake up. We are
a minority, unlike Toyota or airline customers. We need to yell
louder.

If you are on any social networks at all, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
or vertical networks that are visible on Google, please consider
posting at least a line about the lack of Amazon cooperation or a link
to one of the many articles about this issue. If nothing is done, all
cloud providers will do nothing and it'll become a bigger nightmare.
If Amazon sets the standard for cooperation, the others will likely
need to follow.

Be sure to include "Amazon EC2" once or more in any message you send,
as this is what makes it rise to the top. The EC2 robot on Twitter is
even stupidly repeating all the complaints :)

There's a VUC discussion you can listen to on your commute to work:
http://vuc.li/9n7Qxl

/r