[asterisk-users] AGI, FASTAGI or Windows Voice Server

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sat Apr 17 12:20:49 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Edwin Quijada
<listas_quijada at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Hello!
> I have developed an IVR using AGI and so far it works great. I'm using
> Cepstral voices, but now want to use the voices from AT & T that are on a
> Windows server to be heard best. With cepstral what I do is to generate
> audio files from shipping and this text I reproduce this method it has
> worked very well.
>

> Now, try to do the same by creating the audio file in windows with the
> voices of AT & T, the problem is that there is no way to synchronize the
> generation of the audio file and step Asterisk to be played, so it occurred
> to me to use FastAGI to generate all Windows and play in the same window
> the audio file generated.
>
> We buy Linux licenses for the voices but they are very expensive and
> already bought windows for another project. How do you think would be the
> best option?
>

> If you have another idea, please Tell me because I'm getting crazy with
> this and can not solve.
>
> TIA
>
> Edwin

Just a shot in the dark, have you tried ExternalIVR?  It was originally
developed for Unwired Buyer (Ebay), I believe Digium and Unwired Buyer
teamed up on this one.

Another option would be FastAGI to your windows server.  You write an app
for the windows box that interacts with the AT&T application and then pipe
the audio back to your asterisk box somehow.  First thought is app_bridge or
meetme.

Thanks,
Steve T