[asterisk-users] Realtime changes not reflected realtime

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Sat Apr 17 11:14:13 CDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Jonas Kellens <jonas.kellens at telenet.be> wrote:
> Do I need to 'sip prune realtime all' after every change ??

If you change a sip peer and you have caching enabled, then you need
to prune that peer for the change to take effect.  On 1.6.1 I issue
the following:

 sip prune realtime <peername>
 sip show <peername> load

That will only clear the caching for <peername> and not all of the
peers.  The load statement re-caches the peer immediately.  I haven't
tried this on 1.4, so I don't know if those options exist or not.

> Is rtcachefriends=yes a wrong setting ??

No, not if you want caching enabled.  I enable sip realtime caching on
all of my systems.

-Jonathan