[asterisk-users] IAX connection slow between 1.4 and 1.6 dists

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Fri Apr 16 15:10:37 CDT 2010

I run a virtual 64 bit Cent OS 5.4 system under VMWare's Fusion 3 with asterisk 1.4 IAX trunked from my house to my office 600 miles away. I do not do more than a couple concurrent calls but I have no problem recording calls, having meetme conferences, playing sound.

I have even connected a Xorcom unit and used it to connect to an analog line and phone without problem.

This all on a two or three year old 2.16GHz Core Duo 2GB memory MacBook 13".

For testing this has served me well. I do feel that virtual systems are viable for many tasks.
--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com

CfMC